Memo to teams says the draft will still take place April 23-25.
The NFL Network is reporting that Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo out to all 32 NFL teams stating that the 2020 Draft will go on as scheduled from April 23rd to April 25th. Goodell said the decision, which was made earlier today, was “unanimous and unequivocal.”
The memo told teams that they will likely have to conduct draft operations outside of team facilities and that teams will need to ensure they have sufficient technology in order to “communicate with other clubs and Draft headquarters…” during the annual selection process.
On Tuesday, Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network reported that the league had no plans to change the dates of the NFL Draft. The memo that Goodell released now confirms those reports.
The NFL Draft will take place over three days and begins on April 23rd. The Draft’s previously scheduled public events will not be held this year due to concerns over the potential spread of COVID-19.